EIGHT FLAGS OF FERNANDINA TOUR
- Adult Ages 13-64
- Child Ages 12 and under
- Senior Ages 65+
DISCOVER FERNANDINA’S HISTORY ON A WALKING TOUR
On this walking tour of Fernandina Beach, we discuss the historic presence of Amelia Island from the 1500s through the present.
Between 1562 and 1865, eight flags were erected on Amelia Island. What made Amelia Island so attractive that she had eight suiters claim her as their own?
On the tour, we learn about the groups that loved Amelia Island and why they chose to posses her. Come and take a stroll down memory lane with us!
- Explore why so many chose our island to stake their flag in.
- Spain’s influence on the island
- The interesting pirates who came to the island
- The reason for the railroad in Fernandina
- The effects the Civil War had on the island and her people